Attack at the docks

Attack at the docks
Summary: A ship of Corsairs try their hand at invading Laketown after pulling into the docks, and nearly succeed. Quite a few injuries result in the vallent efforts to put an end to the attack before the Corsairs can get beyond the docks.
Date: 30/Aug/2013
Related: None
Players:
Breanna Cafell Cordelia Cristof Fayre Gustav Merrick Oliaf Ravos Thomas Tylon 

Laketown - Docks
The cry of the sea birds that have made the vast lake of Eikeren their home echoes above as the small waves lap against the extensive docks that jut out into the waters. Here, the river and the marshlands meet with the ever expanding stretch of stone and wood piers and docks. Ships of all sizes, from small dinghies and local fishing vessels to large trading ships creak at their moorings, with their crew ever constantly in motion - whether it is sailors cooing drinking songs to their single-night lovers or workers and soldiers toiling with supplies and goods.

The steady stream of wagons and carts of all strange shapes and sizes head in and out of town towards the west where the broad road leads back to Laketown proper.

Fri Aug 30, 1329

What was a nice fall day has turned chilly. What with the breeze kicking up off the lake now storm clouds beckon on the Horizon. The murmurs of the attacks on the Temple still is the talk of the dock, that is till the strange ship arrived just as the storm clouds came up. Strange ship, strange ship, even strange cargo it would seem. Spices that have not been seen before, silks that no one has felt so fine. Yet the master of the strange craft remains aloof. His crew, well the talk is that only three others has been seen on the deck, are equally aloof. Never looking at those that have come to gawk but give furtive glances to the dock and the master. They go about their business, silently, tending to the ship.

"I hear they be from Ellowe," one dock worker says to another. "Bugger's man, you are daft, they have two legs and two arms and two eyes. No one from Ellowe looks that way. I bet they come from the isle's from the south. Where else would they have such things?"

"Get back to work," yells the dock leader, as he barely gives the crew and ship a glance. For once the Guilds are called and the merchandise is ready to unload will he have to concern himself to it.

Cordelia is at home where there are docks. She was already standing in conversation with some sailors ashore when the strange boat pulled up. The Sollinger's chin sets as she cranes her neck, searching for any identifying marks on the vessel. "Have you seen a cat?" she asks of one before beginning a slow amble to get a closer look.

"Praise be unto The Four." A green robe scuttles along the dockyard, sermonizing into the brisk spray of Shelter Lake. "Like the waters that surround us, that give us both life and prosperity in these trying times, so are we all surrounded by the protection and love of our Guardians."

A hand rises in dramatic gesticulation. "OOOOH! Whereby come the shapers of Truth. The keepers of justice? What name shall we speak to call you forth? Bornas the strong. Ravas the passionate. Altheara the mercurial. Stilltha the soothing mother. Who do you divine your guardianship to guide these mortals? Where are your hands and eyes and tongues upon this earth?"

Another gesture. "It is the COVENANT! Submit to the Temple Laketown. In all things right and fair. It is through us that the Guardians make their guardianship in this mortal realm. Through US!"

"Yes, Brother Thomas, I know just how delightful an evening it is for a walk, but I promised Derk I'd be by to pick up the last catch of the day. You could have stayed back at the Temple and allowed one of the other Chosen to come out with me," a light tease touching the last of Tylon's words as she steps on to the docks, her blue robes with the silver bands gently swishing as she walks. Brother Thomas walking along at her ide. "Besides, a little fresh air is good for you, and it is a perfect distraction from those new batch of reports the Lt has asked you for."

Oliaf wonders along the docks, examining the construction and thinking of ways to improve upon it. when all the excitement seems to erupt for the arriving vessel. His moutainous body not easily concealed as he typicaly stands out amonsts those in the crowds but see's what is going on as its a new distraction.

Thomas dutifully walks beside Tylon, his hand on the hilt of his sword "Fresh catch, is it? Don't see why he couldn't have come himself. But I shall not be leaving you alone on the docks again. Least you decide to go for another swim." He rolls his eyes a bit "My dear, I get fresh air all day." He clances about the docks, his eyes settling on the strange ship "Wonder where that one is from," he mostly mutters to himself. He looks back and chuckles "I think she enjoys giving me all that work. I truly do, she knows how much I hate it."

One of the ship's crew, after whispered talk to the Master, begins to climb the rat lines to get near the top of the aft most mast. There he sits, legs dangling over the edge of the small platform, the deck of the ship far far below. The other crewman moves to open a hatchway, probably to get access to the cargo. Far out over the lake there is a flash of lightening and some time later there is the deep rumble of thunder that follows. Swept from the shores of Ellowe the fall storms can be real beasts. Each dock hand worker glance out across the lake "Gonna be a bad one, that be for sure."

Cordelia watches as the one shimmies up the lines, her gaze curious as she looks from the perched sailor to the ship's 'captain'. "Oi!" she calls out to those aboard. "'Tis a nice vessel…" There's an odd mixture of friendliness and wariness in her features and tone. "Where do you call her home?" She's not really all that shy or skittish about strangers.

For whatever reason there might be Princess Fayre is near the docks this afternoon, an really is there ever a reason to get out and wander? At any point anything can be brought up as a lesson after all, and one of the people with her at the moment is Sir Gustav. Fayre is walking near Gustav as their travels is bring them on closer towards the docks where others seem to be found as well. She curiously watches them from the slight distance and glances to Gustav. "Can we perhaps go see what is going on?" There is that spark of curiosity that is running through her, the need to wonder and the want to go and find out what is there that could be new. There was the talk of some ship there after all, a whisper of it being 'new'. The thunder out in the lake makes her gaze back towards the, catching the bit of lighting that flashes out within the clouds. She wears a pale blue dress that has silver trim across the edges, long flowing sleeves, slender snug bodice, and the dress part rather flowing and slightly lose.

A slight glance is cast toward's Thomas,"I am sure he could have managed it, but it changes not that I said I would do it, Brother. And I was not alone the last time, Brother Destrian was with me. And should I have to swim again, I do not imagine you will be stopping me any more than he managed." Tylon just shakes her head with a small smile,"What you fail to realize is just how much she hates it and she is simply sharing her pain with those that understand it. At least you get the occasional destraction from it, dear," Tylon casting Thomas a slight look,"or perhaps I should keep in mind that you get plenty of fresh air all day and find someone else to walk with me next time." Green eyes going from him and looking over the ships yet at the dock as they continue upon it, taking in the strange ship herself as she notes,"I do not think I recall seeing such a ship at the docks before." Though the storm coming across the lake does draw her attention,"And of course, you will be able to blame me later for getting caught out in the rain again."

Oliaf makes his way to the Odd shiped docked. He slips past crew members of various ships, and workers. He even spots a few of the temple personal and still he continues to the ship doing his best to not draw attention to himself. Though being his height and packing the weapon he does, its not as easy as all that. %

Annoyance tears across Ravos Althearin's face, momentarily twisting his thin lips into a grimace. "Is the word of The Four not enough for you!?" The priest extends a damning finger, condemning the passersby flocking the foreign wares recently plopped onto the harbor. "How can something so ALIEN, so DISTANT and STRANGE be of more concern to you than the word off the True Faith? Than your eternal soul!?"

Ravos Snorts. "Guardians Help ME!" - - - KADOOOOOOOOSH!! - - - No sooner than the words spoken from Ravos' lips did the sky blast open. Bolts of lightning strike the lake. Thunder roars - surely a sign from his Lordess Stilltha.

The priest backs away in a moment of utter piety. "The Dragon is growling." He says softly, under his robes.

"THE DRAGON IS GROWLING!" He says again, this time much less softly, as he scrambles to reach the merchant goods from the strange ship.

Sir Gustav Sollinger is indeed striding along with the Princess Fayre, and a small entourage of guards behind. He is no longer Blue Guard himself, of course, give the lean he is currently leaning upon to walk, and the eyepatch that marrs the granduer of his courtly attire. And he is garbed for court today; not for sea-side adventures, but as ever he finds himself unable to tell the princess 'no'. "Of course, your Highness. Just…let us make it quick," he sighs, changing course slightly for the ships. He aims to guide the entourage along the outskirts, so as not to draw a large crowd…"Just be mindful that we are /not/ in Taniford territory…" he reminds, unecessarily.

As Thomas listens to Tylon he grins before noting those that he knows, and those he doesn't, have come to the docks this evening. He nods his head to the Princess "Good eve, Your Highness, how good of you to join us here in Laketown." He chuckles at Cordelia "Lose that cat of your's again?" And then he hears Ravos and bows his head "Father, good eve."
He chuckles to Tylon "And you will not get another to escort you. I just wish you had allowed me to bring at least two other Chosen. What with the attacks still so fresh," He then looks to the ship "Nor have I. Strange for a lake going ship, more like one from the sea. But what do I know about ships?" He cuts his eyes "But of course, you do command the weather, no?" His tease hidden behind that stoic look.

Cordelia glances to Thomas, confused a bit. "No… No. I mean, has anyone seen a cat aboard that ship?" she asks, pointing towards the seagoing vessel. "How is it that we are mooring a foreign vessel with no knowledge of its origin? Did we learn nothing from the Corsairs?" the woman asks more quietly, her eyes never leaving the strang vessel and the fingers of her right hand caressing the hilt of her blade.

The Master of the vessel looks to the woman that called up. A wave of his hand, southwards "We come from that way," his accented voice says before he turns away from her. His eyes going over those that have gathered on the docks. A slight smile comes to him as he looks to the mate that is at the cargo hold "I think ten bales will be just fine," he calls out to the man.
The deck hand nods and yells down into the darkness of the hold "Get me ten, captain's orders." His voice has the same accent of the captain, perhaps even more so.

At the mention of Corsairs by Cordelia the mate turns quickly to the woman and snarls before moving to the gangplank. "Now just you don't be worry'n your pretty lil head about no Corsairs." Which causes him to laugh deeply.

Fayre didn't plan on going for any sea-side adventures, but that doesn't mean she can't go look at the ships and think about such things, right? A soft smile is seen and she nods. "Yes, of course. Won't linger long. Just a quick look." Which really what harm could come from a look? A warm smile is offered to Gustav at the ok, which really she was expecting to start with and thus she turns heading on towards the docks to get a closer look at what is going on. Her bright gaze settles on the ship that others are pointing at and talking over. The 'greeting catches her attention and she looks towards Thomas, a smile and nod soon seen. "For a quick trip is all." She waves a hand slightly, now no one else pay her any attention, everyone goggle over the ship there!

Eyes do drift briefly upon the large form of the stonemason, it is hard for him to hide really. The man isn't tiny by any means, Tylon simply smiles, a slight nod in his direction should she spy him looking that way. Tylon giving similar drifts of her head as she gives greetings as well to some of those known of in some fashion,"Your Highness and Sir Gustav, fine weather for a walk, no?" A light bit of mirth to the Temple Priestess green eyes before she does give a look to Ravos and his preaching,"Ah, Father Ravos, good to see you again.

"You fret to much, Brother, the trip is not so far to need so many escorts, truly. " Tylon smiles lightly as she gives the ship another glance,"It does look more like those which come from the shores, least from what I have seen. Though I have only picked up a little from the years here. " Glancing to Cordelia,"What signifigance would the cat have?" Before Tylon does shoot back to Thomas as a tease,"Not the weather, just you, Brother."

Although still recovering from her recent severe injury, Mother Cafell is far too stubborn to stay in the temple's infirmary when so many people are in need. She is dressed in a fresh robe that marks her clearly as a priestess of the temple here to minister to sailors in need of some spiritual counsel or physical healing. However, she is not alone. She is holding the arm of a man with dark hair who is slightly shorter than she is. While they are walking slowly, and she painfully, along the docks toward the arriving ships, he points to that one ship of odd design. "In all of my years at sea, I've not seen anything like that. She seems to be drawing a large crowd. Let us go and see what has their attention.

The unfamiliar ship causes the royal steward's good eye to widen, and a quick words is given in private to the royal guards in their entourage…just in case. Soon after comes the greeting from none other than the Mother Superior, and the good Sir offers her a formal bow that might be made with more of a flourish were he not leaning on a cane. "Mother Superior. A fine day it was, but a storm looks to be rolling in…" is all he offers in return, before his eye keeps him distracted on the ship.

"Cats are good luck on a voyage and they can warn you when there's trouble…" Cordelia replies distractedly to Tylon. Her eyes narrow slightly at the vague reply from the ship's captain. Dark eyes turn to those gathered and widen when she spies Gustav with Fayre. "Storm's coming fast, coz. Might be best to get her Highness to safety." She gives the princess a deep nod of her head but not the full curtsy or bow deserving of her rank. Her gaze turns again to her cousin but she tilts her head towards the ship.

The young Father Ravos runs into Thomas and the throng. "Brother Thomas,"he says with a curt nod, noticing Tylon by his side. "Mother Superior."

"I smell something ominous at work." He points to wares. "When treasure is more highly valued than the word of The Four, it is a sign that discord will soon follow. The times tell the tale. I am most certain of it."

The priest turns toward a young girl in the mix. "What will come of us, when we are governed by our love of gold and station above our love for The Guardians. What a sad lot we'd all be then!"

Ravos shifts back toward Thomas and Tylon. "I don't believe we've sunk that low yet, I doOOOOOO - !?!?!" The young Father stops in his tracks and slowly reverses the course of his gaze. He spins back to face the young girl.

"M-m-m-my Lady. Yo-Your HIGHNESS!" He offers a strict bow. "To see both the Holy Mother and Your Highness here today. Yes. It IS a sign."

Although at Tylon's admission that perhaps he doth fret a touch too much, he straightens his back and raises his chin. "However, I shall take that sign with a grain. Until proven ominous in absolute. Yet, this weather does worry. A portend?"

Oliaf spots Tylon and Thomas and starts to move towards them, the Mason gives a warm smile to the pair. "Greeting Hight priestes and Chosen.. How fare you this day.?"

Merrick arrives with a few more Chosen, stomping in with weapons drawn and armor worn. Absent today is his wolf, though, that might be a good thing considering…

The crowd is thick near the ship, with people from all walks of life straining to see what is happening. Whenever someone loses interest and wnnders away from the scene, others in the crowd jostle. Cafell and Cristof arrive near the back. Both peer at the ship and its crew, and whenever there is an opportunity to move closer, they inch their way closer. At one point, they stop so that Cafell can cough violently. That coughing fit causes some people to draw away, fearing that she might have some illness that could spread. Cristof simply sighs and shakes his head, speaking calmly to them and explaining that she was one of the injured at the recent attack on the temple. However, he moves forward into the empty space, leading Cafell gently along with him, for a better view.

As the one deck hand has moved closer to the gang plank to talk to the wench, there is a cry from the Master, the speech is not the common that is roundly spoken, but that of the arch foes of the Corsairs. Both the deck hand has run down the gang plank, the master heads right to Thomas while the other heads right for Cordelia. The one in the mast has gathered up a bow, set there just as they had arrived.
With a cry more Corsairs have poured from the hold, each holding wicked looking blades "Now we attack in the heart of Laketown, get them boys," cries the master with glee in his voice. Spoken in common so that even those gathered on the docks would understand.

As others talk, Thomas has been watching those on the ships. He spots the action, then the cry and lets out with his own warning even as his greatsword is dran "Corsairs!!" he yells and pushes Tylon back as he heads for the nearest one, the Master of the attackers. His great sword held ready, the mighty blade swings as he comes near the Corsair "Attack nothing, you dare to come here, now you will die."

Oliaf doesn't wait for a reply from Thomas or Tylon as he watchs Thomas charge after the encroaching Corsairs and the massive maul comes off Oliafs back harness as his lumbering stride keeps him in pace with the temple knight. The wicked meatal head of his maul glistens as sunlight strikes it.

The moment that accent rings clear, Cordelia turns to face the ship more fully. "Gustav, get her clear!" she shouts, drawing her sword as the attacker leaps for her. "Come then!" the woman taunts, stepping up to meet the Corsair and swinging without hesitation.

The tip from his cousin…the uneasy air about the priest…and finally, the shout to attack from the master of the strange vessel does it for Sir Gustav. "Percival, go secure an escape route; we will follow shortly," he orders of his squire, before taking the Princess by the wrist and leading her between the two royal guardsas hastily as he can towards the nearest cover he can find…that pile of barrels should do for now.

Maybe there were scouts on the water front, a fisherman that had seen the impending ship making sail for the docks, or maybe fate has brought Merrick here. Whatever it was, good timing, good sense, good information - the man is ready to fight and defend as he was the last time. He starts to growl at those gawking, "Get back! Go home! Get out of here!" One hand on his sword, kept free at his side, the other used to shove people aside. "GET TO SAFETY!" He spots a parent with a child and points at one of his fellow Chosen, "See them out of here. Women and children, -NOW- …!" Of course, whatever hesitation there was disappears as soon as Thomas roars across the crowd. That leaves Merrick to demand access to the ship, ready to storm it with the others, only to come face to face with a Corsair that has suddenly lept to the dock in front of him. Merrick's blade swings up to meet the other's broadsword almost instantly…

Fayre conversations happen even if she doesn't want to get dragged into them at the moment. Though what conversation she could have started is quickly stopped with the sudden yell that passes through others rather quickly. She looks up blinking at the sight, a frown clearly seen while she takes a slight step back. As for leaving, yes she is totally following after Gustav, an unsure sent back to the otehrs before she is looking in front of her once more to find said place to well hie as it were. There isn't much she can actually help with other then being a target.

A quiet little 'Ah,' slips from Tylon at Cordelia's answer, not being quite familiar with the traditions of sailors. Though the energy of the good Father Ravos does draw her attention again, a slight nod given towards him,"It is a common smell about the docks, I fear, Father. With the high trade and value that passes through hear each day, priorities do get shifted in such moments. Though interestig to look upon, as many new things are, I still have interest mostly to gather up the cathc I promised to come get for the kitchens."

Tylon's attention turning back to check the ship for the previously mentioned cat, curious now about this as well. Seeing Oliaf near now, she offershim a smile as her green eyes shift to look over the ship with a bit more attention and just in time to see that drawing of weapons and men rushing off the ship. Eyes widen a little and then Thomas is pushing at her. Though it seems those lessons are paying off some as the Priestess is pulling her dirk, even if moving to a defensive stance to block and swing back at the attacker coming her way.

<COMBAT> Corsair 4 attacks Thomas with Hunting Bow - ARMOR on Right Hand stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Corsair Leader attacks Thomas with Broadsword - ARMOR on Left Hand stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Corsair 2 attacks Tylon with Broadsword but Tylon DODGES!
<COMBAT> Corsair 1 attacks Cordelia with Broadsword but Cordelia DODGES!
<COMBAT> Corsair 5 attacks Oliaf with Broadsword - Moderate wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Corsair 3 attacks Merrick with Broadsword - Light wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Tylon attacks Corsair 2 with Dirk and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Thomas attacks Corsair Leader with Greatsword - Light wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Oliaf attacks Corsair 5 with Bludgeon - Serious wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Merrick attacks Corsair 3 with Broadsword but Corsair 3 DODGES!
<COMBAT> Cordelia attacks Corsair 1 with Broadsword but Corsair 1 DODGES!
<COMBAT> Corsair 5 has been KO'd!

Oliaf move to engage one of the attackers Corsair 5. Oliaf grins as he meet his attacker and in doing so finds himself and his armor opened up at the chest. "Damn Guess I should have taken up Cafells advice, to train with Chosen Thomas.. " he looks to the Corsair and shakes his head. "Bad call.. " as his maul comes crashing down on the mans head driving it deep into his body as blood gush's out of the corsairs ears, eyes, and nose before he falls down dead. Oliaf then looks to see who might need aid and the closest one to him is The temple priestess Tylon.

This certainly wasn't the practice ring, but luckily for Tylon the Corsair trying to attack her was certainly not as skilled as Thomas, for she would have never been able to dodge around him like she just did the attacker. Trying to get in a hit as she spun out of his way to the side, stepping out to far and her dirk simply swishing through nothing but air. As as much as Thomas would certainly like her to simply not be there, Tylon has seen how the Corsairs fight, turning her back on them is not one she is going to take. Though she does take a few step sback, still keeping to a defensvie position as she seeks to simply 'dance' and defend with her attacker until someone else can come along to aid, for the Guardians know she isn't going to finish the guy off.

Neither Cordelia nor her Corsair opponent so much as make a dent in one another. One corner of Cordy's mouth turns upwards as she realizes that they are, perhaps, evenly matched. "You look familiar," she fairly purrs as she resettles into her stance. "Did I kill your brother a few years back?" The woman swings again, intending to meet flesh rather than steel this time.

The Corsair 3, who lept off the ship at Merrick did have momentum behind the swing, of which Merrick's uplifted broadsword was too slow to parry off completely, allowing a hit to strike him across the chest, while his own was aimless as the other dodged. Lurching back from the sudden hit, surprising, shocking to him even, his sword's momentum archs back and low, meaning to sweep the other man off his feet or make him go lame by losing a limb! There's not much he can do to help the others, engaged in his own deadly battle, gritting his teeth against the enemy of his past - if anyone is close enough he may be caught growling a little like an animal.

The Fellow up in the mast has let fly his arrow with glee, seeing it streak down to the Chosen. Another one is notched even as the fellows armor blocks the arrow and aims again.

The leader has met Thomas with a clash of swords, swapping swings. The pair face one another "Ain't never kilt me a Chosen before, gonna be fun," and he takes another swing.

Corsair 1 has faced off with Cordelia, missing her totally "Ahh, slipperly lil lass, I like that in my women," he snears as blocks her attack and moves for another swing.

Corsair 3 has found his mark on Merrick, the blade striking home. He mumbles somethign in the corse language of theirs, then grins as the blade is dodged.

Corsair 2 wags his brows at the Priestess, "How 'bout you and me go somewhere private to wrestle about?"

The arrow from the Corsair that has perched on the mast glances off his armor and Thomas gives the man a glace, He swings his sword, attempting to block the Corsair Leader's blade, before he brings his own to strike. He gives Tylon a glance "By the Four, run Tylon, get out of here!" he looks back to the Leader and shakes his head "You have no faith, it will be your death this day.

Sounds of fighting can either bring people or send people running. There is one person that came to see what is going on instead of running. Breanna is making her way towards docks, and seemingly towards the fight that is at hand, longbow in hand and quiver on her back the Ranger blinks as she catches sight of what is happening. "Bloody hell.." Is grumbled out at the sight that she has found herself walking in on.

<COMBAT> Corsair 3 attacks Merrick with Broadsword - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Corsair 4 attacks Thomas with Hunting Bow - Light wound to Right Hand (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Corsair 2 attacks Tylon with Broadsword - Light wound to Neck.
<COMBAT> Corsair Leader attacks Thomas with Broadsword - ARMOR on Head stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Corsair 1 attacks Cordelia with Broadsword - Critical wound to Chest.
<COMBAT> Tylon attacks Corsair 2 with Dirk but Corsair 2 DODGES!
<COMBAT> Thomas attacks Corsair Leader with Greatsword - Light wound to Right Arm (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Oliaf attacks Corsair 2 with Bludgeon but Corsair 2 DODGES!
<COMBAT> Merrick attacks Corsair 3 with Broadsword - ARMOR on Abdomen stops the attack!
<OOC> Cordelia says, "Shouldn't have taunted him"
<COMBAT> Cordelia attacks Corsair 1 with Broadsword but Corsair 1 DODGES!
<COMBAT> Cordelia has been KO'd!

Merrick and the Corsair(3) are locked in a vicious battle. There's no time for small talk between the two, as each swap of blades means possible life or death, the cling of the metal rocking the turn of the tide. "May the Four be just and Bornas guide by blade!" The man perhaps forgot to say a prayer before he started, as suddenly as he did get thrown into the chaos of attacking a Corsair straight on. The Brother wolf is meeting the sword exchanges one for one, not batting an eye when he feels the other's blade bounce across his abdomen… he very well could've been gutted on the spot, but he returns the treatment with a well guided swing of his own, though the broadsword just rattles across the armor with little damange showing but a dent. He grunts and leaps back, readying for another strike, this time aiming at the other's throat… "Death be to those who come to reek chaos and threaten innocents! I will get my revenge on you first!" He points his sword tip in a taunting manner before they're back at it…!

Perhaps it was the surpise of it all that gave the first two rounds to the advantage of the Attackers, but surely the tide will turn else the Corsairs will have free access to pillage Laketown.

Oliaf Move to assist priestess Tylon his wound causes him to pull up short, giveing Corsair 2 a chance to Dodge his blow as well. Oliaf not happy gives off a rawr as he revs up to smash his maul into the man trying to end him before he harms Tylon more or anyone else.

The taunt just causes Tylon to give a tight smile," Sorry, you need a bath first, and I fear you're just not man enough for me. " A brief nod of thanks to Oliaf as the large man looms in to help Tylon content with the Corsair was obviously not the right thing to do, for it did make her violate rule #1, never take your eyes off the target. And the next thing there is that blade glancing over her neck and drawing blood causing her to jump back even as her dirk strikes out with the newly forming instinct and if the Corsair hand't moved, it would have struck, but he moved and her blade strikes air again. Just tightening her jaw a little at Thomas' direction to her, what and take her eyes off the Corsair again?

The arrows and the swords, Thomas is fighting both off it seems. "Someone take out that archer!" and to fit his words the arrow breaks the armor and draws blood from his hand. He fights off the attack of the Leader, taking a glancing blow off his helm. He struggles under the blow, but gaining his stance he swings that mighty blade of his again.

Smelling blood, the Corsairs to a man step up their attack, each one fighting harder than before. When Cordelia goes down the one gloats "I got me one, she be down," and he turns to see who is next in his sights.

Cordelia probably should have kept her mouth shut and simply fought. The taunt obviously aroused a bit of ire in her dance partner. The woman screams as his sword bites into her flesh and she finds her knees buckling. It does not stop her and, as he looks away, she reaches out with her sword one more time.

The startled dock workers, seeing Cordilia go down quickly drag her from the fight, men quickly tend to her wounds.
<COMBAT> Corsair Leader attacks Thomas with Broadsword but Thomas DODGES!
<COMBAT> Corsair 1 passes.
<COMBAT> Corsair 4 attacks Breanna with Hunting Bow and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Corsair 3 attacks Merrick with Broadsword - Critical wound to Abdomen (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Corsair 2 attacks Tylon with Broadsword - Moderate wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Tylon attacks Corsair 2 with Dirk and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Thomas attacks Corsair Leader with Greatsword - Light wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Oliaf attacks Corsair 2 with Bludgeon - Moderate wound to Head (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Merrick attacks Corsair 3 with Broadsword and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Breanna attacks Corsair 4 with Longbow - Light wound to Abdomen.

Obviously her response was not what the Corsair was wanting to hear from Tylon as his sword coming swinging in and nails her right in the chest and sends the current breathe of air right out of her. Again. The Chest. Why do they always have to hit her in the chest? Harpies. Zealots of Kharnas. Now Corsairs!! There is another swipe attempted with her dirk, but Tylon just fails at making contact with it. Thankfully though there is that resounding thunk when Oliaf's bludgeon hits the attackers head. Drawing back a little, Tylon's eyes are able to take in the bigger picture of the battle, seeing Cordelia out but being seen to by the dock workers…but then there is a Chosen stumbling and Tylon moves to do what she was trained to, and i better at in battle…battle healing!

Corsair 1 has been tripped by one of the dockworkers and falls flat on his face, with a mighty curse as he goes down.

Corsair 2 has met the Dirk wielding priestess, his attack strikes home, "Bath, don't need no bath. But I can teeach you a thing or two."

Corsair 3 has broght more pain to the Chosen, "Now, you will pray to your false gods before you die."

Corsair 4, not expecting a return arrow has taken one in the gut. Eyes wide he draws a bead on the woman to dared to shoot him.

Locked in their own battle, the leader swings at Thomas but the big man has moved, leaving his sword to bite only air.

Oliaf uses his anger to bolster his strength and ingore the pain as he brings his maul down on the corsairs head who's attackn the priestess and is reqarded with a crunch but until his other fellow, This one (corsair 2) remains standing even as he manages to get a blow in on the priestess "Hey you idiot, Im your target.. " as he tries to draw Corsair 2's attention off the priestess.

Thomas has lost sight of Tylon, the one he is sworn to protect. His attention focused on the foe before him, he notes the swing and steps to his back all the while bringing his own sword to strike the foe "Now you shall die,"

Blood… His own. The sharpness of the pain that slashes across his abdomen is intense, so much so that he can't ignore it. He's hit… badly… How it happened in the exchange of the fight he's not sure. The Corsair is seeing victory in his eyes, encroaching on him. Merrick has no choice, wounded so gravely to take the defensive. His one hand covers his would, he's wobbling back on his feet. "Never surrender. Never stop… fighting…" He growls, knowing that he's a few hits away from certain death. Warm crimson liquid is quick to soak through his layers, seeping down his surcoat, clearing showing that the Corsair has bested him as of yet. The words from the Corsair have him gritting his teeth against the pain, his vision is sent swimming as he pushes himself up from a knee that he didn't realize he had dropped to, "Pray to your own devil, you bastard." He's already raising his sword in defense, trying to anticipate the next move, trying to at least keep alive….

There is the yell of an archer, and really what better thing can she do other then try and take him out? With an arrow pulled from her quiver she is searching for him as quickly as possible. She has to move in order to find him and doesn't take any time in knocking an arrow, aiming and then letting it fly, hopefully it'll find the archer to offer up some help to the ones that are fighting hand to hand. Hearing that one Corsair yell out that he took one down gets her attention, though she'll have to try and deal with him in a moment, maybe. First thing, get rid of the archer. If the arrow hits she doesn't catch full attention of it as she is catching sight of Merrick and the battle that he is going through at the moment. Another arrow is grabbed, and she goes about aiming it towards Corsair 3. As for the archer she'll have to deal with whatever he might dish out at the moment.

<COMBAT> Corsair Leader attacks Thomas with Broadsword - ARMOR on Neck stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Corsair 4 attacks Breanna with Hunting Bow but MISSES!
<COMBAT> Corsair 2 attacks Tylon with Broadsword - Moderate wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Corsair 3 attacks Merrick with Broadsword but Merrick DODGES!
<COMBAT> Corsair 1 passes.
<COMBAT> Tylon treats Merrick:
< Chest (Light): successful
< Abdomen (Critical): successful
<COMBAT> Thomas attacks Corsair Leader with Greatsword - Light wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Oliaf attacks Corsair 2 with Bludgeon but Corsair 2 DODGES!
<OOC> Tylon says, "Woot! ANother hit to the chest. :P"
<COMBAT> Merrick attacks Corsair 3 with Broadsword but Corsair 3 DODGES!
<COMBAT> Breanna attacks Corsair 4 with Longbow and MISSES!

It seems that the whallop to the head didn't get the Corsair attention off Tylon as she ends up taking yet another hit to the chest causing her to stumble. But she still manages to stem some of Merrick's bleeding, before needing to hurridly throw a couple bandages on herself to stem her own bleeding. And really, her chest? It's not that impressive, really! Giving a slight hiss as she presses a bandage into the wound and uses her jerkin to keep added pressure on it.

The leader once again swings at Thomas, he finds the neck, but that armor of the Chosen holds off from any real damage. But he staggers back from the hit to his chest from the greatsword.

Corsair 1 is getting beat by the dockworkers as he struggles to get up, anything that can serve as a weapon is used.

Corsair 2 hits again, and to the chest again, of the priestess.

Corsair 3, over confident swings his blade but clearly missing his target. He lets forth a curse in his own language as he barely escapes the return attack. Corsair 4 has let another arrow loose, it streaks down to the archer but misses. He slips behind the mast just as an arrow sticks into it, the one from Breanna.

The strike from the leader staggers Thomas, his hand goes to see if there is blood, finding none he swings his blade, and again strikes the man's chest "Call it off, you will be hanged. Or you can die here on the docks," the Chosen tells the leader.

Merrick manages to buy some time with his dodge and tit for tat sword play, realizing that suddenly Tylon is there and… his attention turns to her. A panicked look over comes him for seeing the woman's current condition. He better die defending her today! "Mother…" is all he's able to say in a breathless and staggered voice. Her quick hands upon his wounds only encourage him to come back around to attack the monster that was after him so badly. "Bornas guide my blade!" He roars as he swings back at the damnable man attacking him.

Oliaf is as confused as can be as the man still moves after tylon while she tends to a wounded chosen and still manages to dodge his blows, but he'll not be able to do that forever. As he calls the corsair a few choice names in an attempt to pull him off ty and onto himself. " I knew your mother was a jackass but to have someone like you must have really been a disapointment " as he taunts corsair 2.

Breanna turns slightly as the arrow thunks into the wall next to her, close but he still missed! As for the archer she'll deal with him in a moment, maybe. There is something she just needs to deal with as she pulls another arrow free and sets up at the aim for the Corsair 3 once more. She catches sight of someone tending to Merrick, which is a bit of relief to herself, though that attacker needs to get taken down and sooner rather than later would be better for her. With what she can take as a clear shot she takes it and sends the arrow flying towards corsair 3.

<COMBAT> Corsair 1 passes.
<COMBAT> Corsair Leader attacks Thomas with Broadsword - ARMOR on Abdomen stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Corsair 4 attacks Breanna with Hunting Bow - Moderate wound to Right Arm (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Corsair 3 attacks Merrick with Broadsword - Serious wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Corsair 2 attacks Tylon with Broadsword but Tylon DODGES!
<COMBAT> Tylon treats Tylon:
< Neck (Light): successful
< Chest (Moderate): successful
< Chest (Moderate): successful
<COMBAT> Thomas attacks Corsair Leader with Greatsword - Light wound to Right Arm (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Oliaf attacks Corsair 2 with Bludgeon - Serious wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Merrick attacks Corsair 3 with Broadsword but Corsair 3 DODGES!
<COMBAT> Breanna attacks Corsair 3 with Longbow - Moderate wound to Right Arm (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Corsair 2 has been KO'd!
<COMBAT> Merrick has been KO'd!

With the corsair yet after her, Tylon is made to dance even as she presses the bandages against the wounds that have been inflicted upon her. Thankfully, she does manage to dodge this attack, no more hits to the chest! There is a flah of relief in her eyes when the smack of Oliaf's bludgeon into the Corsair sends the man into a heap on the ground. No longer having to worry about that attacker, and her bleeding stopped, Tylon turns back to where Merrick was fighting, only to see that he has fallen. Dashing back over, Tylon works to tug him a bit out of the way before working to see to the serious and critical wound he has taken, mainly to stop their bleeding.

The Leader attacks the Chosen again, but that famous Chosen armor stops the blow once again.

Corsair 1 is down, dead at the hands of the dock workers.

Corsair 2 takes a serious blow to the chest, he staggers back, his eyes rolls back into his head and he falls into the water, dead.

Corsair 3 attacks the Chosen once again, putting the man down before he turns his next attack to Thomas. Just as he does an arrow knicks him, bringing blood flowing.

Corsair 4 lets fly another arrow, it strikes as he readies another.

Oliaf shakes his head as the corsair still doen't hit Tylon as she manges to get out of the way, While his attack caves in the mans chest casusing him to spit up blood as the light leaves his eyes. "NEVER ATTACK OUR PRIESTESS's!" as he turns to look for a new coursair to attack.

Bornas has left him…! Where's that damn wolf of his! The two must be inter connected, that's the rumor anyhow! The Chosen fights as much as he can given, already severely beaten but he still goes for the Corsair and the other man has no mercy… In another series of swords clashing, more blood sprays onto the docks and it's not the Corsairs. The full force of the final brutal hit that with all Merrick's remaining strength is not able to parry, sends a sickening wave of darkness over his vision, unable to keep on his feet, he falls first to his knees with his hand over his abdomen, his sword stabbed into the dock wood for a time as he tries to recall his sight. Defeat. In another moment his hand slides off the hilt of his sword as he loses all sense of time and place, blood covering the front of him, oozing in thick droplets onto the dock. His sword remains stabbed into the dock as Merrick finally slumps over at the feet of the Corsair. Damn them all!

It must me a sense, a gift from Bornas but even as he faces off with the Leader Thomas "feels" one sneaking up behind him. He turns and swings his blade as soon as his eyes settle on the attacker. "No you don't," is all he says.

Breanna was expecting the attack from the other archer, though knowing her luck she would expect to get hit somewhere else other than her arm. A muttering of curses escapes her after she is hit with the arrow. Even with that arrow in her arm she is able to pull another arrow from her quiver and lines up a shot for the archer once more. "Die already.." Is hissed out. If only she could get a clear shot then perhaps she could for sure knock him out at this rate.

<COMBAT> Corsair Leader attacks Thomas with Broadsword but Thomas DODGES!
<COMBAT> Corsair 3 attacks Thomas with Broadsword - ARMOR on Right Arm stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Corsair 4 attacks Breanna with Hunting Bow - Light wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Tylon passes.
<COMBAT> Thomas attacks Corsair 3 with Greatsword - Serious wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Oliaf attacks Corsair 3 with Bludgeon - Light wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Breanna attacks Corsair 4 with Longbow and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Corsair 3 has been KO'd!

And still another Corsair bites the dock, dead. Thomas's hit sets him up and Oliaf's hit finshes him off.

It must have been that Thomas move to attack the crewmate but the Leader's swing misses the Chosen.

The archer, even with an arrow in his cut seems uncanny in his ability to shoot at Breanna as another arrow finds it's mark.

Oliaf grins at Thomas as the mans blow sends the corsair directly into his maul as the corsair crumples to the ground. "I'll help take out that archer if you got This guy.. " as Oliaf points to the corsair leader. While he moves towards the archer.

A bow of his head is given by Thomas to Oliaf, gratitude more than likely. But there still is another to take care of. The Chosen turns, his sword already swinging, "Join your shipmates," is all he says.

Breanna lets the arrow fly, and as she is doing it there is another arrow coming for her. She shifts, using a crate as some cover, the 'attacking' arrow is able to give her a good slash against her arm but she at least avoids taking another arrow in some part of her. Another arrow in hand she shifts, leaning against the crate and aims at the archer once more, her attention fully on him and with her arrow knocked it flies again. She has to get him this time, right? Sure!

A simple nod, and Thomas says "Go ahead, I got this.

Blood, blood everywhere around Merrick. Tylon simply sets her jaw and allows her long years of training to guid her hands as they wrap bandages here and there, preassure being put in all the right places to get the blood to stop pouring out of the Chosen. Even the mighty have bad days. Once the bleeding has let up, Tylon soon has some of those dockworkers aiding in seeing the man carried to a safer distance. BEfore her attention returns to those yet fighting. Seeing blood pouring along BReanna's arm, the priestess is soon flitting over behind the crate with the woman,"It'll be just a moment, don't want you bleeding out before you get him." A bandage is wrapped about the arm in a thrice with just enough preasure to give the bleeding pause but not hurt with the archer's aim.

<COMBAT> Corsair Leader attacks Thomas with Broadsword - Moderate wound to Head (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Corsair 4 attacks Breanna with Hunting Bow - Serious wound to Abdomen.
<COMBAT> Tylon treats Breanna:
< Right_Arm (Moderate): successful
< Chest (Light): successful
< Abdomen (Serious): successful
<COMBAT> Thomas tries to attack but has no target!
<COMBAT> Oliaf attacks Corsair 4 with Bludgeon - Light wound to Chest.
<COMBAT> Breanna attacks Corsair 4 with Longbow - Critical wound to Head.
<COMBAT> Corsair 4 has been KO'd!

Oliaf rush's up to slam him maul into the archers chest but due to the archer quick movements its a light grazong hit only, but then Oliaf watchs as an arrow protrudes thru the mans head. He looks to breanna and says, "remind me to not get on your bad side. " as he spots Thomas and moves back to help him now too.

In all the fighting, the broken brother Merrick appears dead. He's out, slumped over in a pool of blood that is all his own. His breathing, when Tylon turns him over, is shallow and faint. He'll be heavy to carry and it'll take quite a few men to haul him off, laden with armor and being a man around 6'1 doesn't help matters. Yet, thankfully, because the fighting had shifted toward the Corsair leader, it gives them ample time to jangle his dead body weight between them before they can find a sufficient stretcher or cart to place him on.

The archer of the corsairs pitches forward, falls down with an arrow sticking out of an eye and lands on the dock with a splat.

Thomas has just turned and the blade of the corsair finds it's mark, causing Thomas to stagger as blood seeps from his armor. He grits his teath and goes after the Leader "Down to one, now it's just you and me." He swings the mightly blade, both hands held tightly.

Thankfully, It's just like those first years of her field training, Corsairs and battle, flitting from soilder to solider to keep them going til the fighting is done, til they can truly rest and see to wounds proper for those who make it through to the end. The clash of steal, the smell of blood. The swoosh of arrows flying through the air. It is a time and situation that Tylon certainly does not miss. And yet she steps into the role again as if it were only yesterday. A slight nod to Breanna once the bandage is in place, seeing where the woman's arrow hits, there is a slight whistle. But then with a swish of her robes, Tylon is on the move…again. Thomas will just be so pleased, she's not only still here but twittering about the place like a girl in a bazzar full of shinies and pretty ribbons. But hey, least she's going to go pay him a visit, let him carry some of the shopping bags…er…bandages.

Breanna grunts slightly as she is hit again, what is this turn her into a pin cushion day? Though she catches sight of the archer falling down and she coughs a moment. "Told ye that I'd get ye.." She looks to Tylon and nods slightly while letting her put the wrap on her arm. "Thanks.." Is said with a soft tone for the other that is tending to her arm. "Is Merrick alright?" This is questioned as her gaze flicks towards the fallen brother.

<COMBAT> Corsair Leader attacks Thomas with Broadsword - Moderate wound to Neck (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Tylon treats Thomas:
< Head (Moderate): successful
< Neck (Moderate): successful
<COMBAT> Thomas attacks Corsair Leader with Greatsword - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Oliaf attacks Corsair Leader with Bludgeon - ARMOR on Head stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Breanna tries to attack but has no target!
<COMBAT> Breanna has left the combat.

The Corsair leader, now alone in the battle lets forth a blood curdling yell and charges at Thomas. His sword tip catches his neck as the Chosen's blade catches him in the chest and stands him up. But as before Oliaf's strike staggers him.

Normally Thomas would have waved off any help, be it from Tylon or Oliaf, but this leader, this crazed leader has caused the Chosen to weaken. So gladly he takes the aid, a nod to Tylon as well to Oliaf. Before he presses his attack forward.

At Breanna's question, Tylon lightly murmurs,"He is alive. His wounds are serious and they will take time to heal. By the Guardians will, he will heal. It will just take time." A quick and simple answer, truthful enough before the priestess healer was off to see to those yet in battle. Blood soaking much of her robes by now. A simple nod goes to Thomas when aid is given to him, this was her place and job. No doubt, she'll get lectures later.

Oliaf Says, "not this time." as his maul impacts the corsair leaders chest only to be stoped by the armor. "your going down."

<COMBAT> Corsair Leader attacks Thomas with Broadsword - Light wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Tylon treats Thomas:
< Chest (Light): successful
<COMBAT> Thomas attacks Corsair Leader with Greatsword - Moderate wound to Left Arm.
<COMBAT> Oliaf attacks Corsair Leader with Bludgeon - ARMOR on Right Leg stops the attack!

The leader will not go down. His crazed eyes nearly glowing "I will take you down with me," he hisses with spit flying. His sword finds Thomas's chest, but at the same time the Leader is staggered by two blows, one from Thomas and one from Oliaf.

Oliaf is getting tired, his anger can only last him so long, and now that they are down to one target Oliafs strength is ebbing. His blows while landing aren't up to his usual peppy self as they are easily now stopped by the bandits armor.

Thomas is breathing heavily, even with the aid provided by Tylon, this battle is draining, both in stamina and blood. But he is not done "No, you will be the last to die here." Again his sword swings once more, aiming for the Corsair's head.

More blood is stopped from leaking out of Thomas with quick movements and flits of bandaging when Oliaf is occupying the Corsair leader. Before she retreats a few steps. Though the words of the leader cause her green eyes to flare a bit and her jaw to clench before her dirk is drawn and she makes to stab the leader herself. "You will not take him!"

<COMBAT> Corsair Leader attacks Thomas with Broadsword - Light wound to Left Arm (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Tylon attacks Corsair Leader with Dirk but Corsair Leader DODGES!
<COMBAT> Thomas attacks Corsair Leader with Greatsword and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Oliaf attacks Corsair Leader with Bludgeon but Corsair Leader DODGES!

Of course, Tylon still can't hit the broad side of a barn with her dirk, let alone the crazed Corsair leader. But that doesn't seem to give her reason to not try again, especially after all of them some how manage to miss the slippery devil.

Now attacked on all sides the Leader is dancing so well that no one hits. Not even him. He laughs "Silly Easterners, do you know what is coming, we are just the advance team. For soon our fires will blaze all your towns," he glares at Tylon "And your women will be ours. Don't you see what is happening here?" And with that he lunges into the attack once more.

Oliaf growls at the taunting and tries to calm himself as he shifts to manuver the last corsair so that someone will get in a good hit.

The words give Thomas a pause, more to come? But it is only momentary, before his blade swings again. Again aiming to take the man's head off.

<COMBAT> Corsair Leader attacks Thomas with Broadsword - ARMOR on Neck stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Tylon attacks Corsair Leader with Dirk - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Thomas attacks Corsair Leader with Greatsword - ARMOR on Head stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Oliaf attacks Corsair Leader with Bludgeon and MISSES!

Oliaf relaxing and trying to recoup seems to have not helped in fact he just plain miss's and so he tries to get angry once more and to do so he thinks of those injured during this battle, to give him fuel to fight harder.

Hits, but the armor stops it all. Again the Leader laughs "Soon this will be our town, give it up now, move back to your hills." And attack again does he.

Breanna nods as she hears Tylon, shifting while she stand, bow still in hand and she watches as the three go after the Leader. She frowns at the sight, he dodges a lot of the attacks and a faint breath escapes her while she pulls an arrow for her quiver and lines up a shot for the Leader. Hey, maybe she can get another head shot? Either way the arrow flies when there is an opening. Sure she has a pair of arrows in her but that isn't stopping her yet!

Green eyes just glare back with a burning fire, the usually fairly calm priestess of Stilltha not taking kindly to the Corsair's words,"I will not be yours, I am the Guardians. " Embolden by the fact that she, Tylon, healer and horrid swordsman actually hit him, she takes another swipe within the odd dance that has been taken up by the four.

Thomas is paused once more. Is this man just crazed or is there some truth to the words. "You will never see that day, for this day you will die." And Thomas moves in, the greatsword swinging once more.

<COMBAT> Corsair Leader attacks Thomas with Broadsword - ARMOR on Abdomen stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Tylon attacks Corsair Leader with Dirk - ARMOR on Head stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Thomas attacks Corsair Leader with Greatsword - ARMOR on Abdomen stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Oliaf attacks Corsair Leader with Bludgeon - Moderate wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Breanna attacks Corsair Leader with Broadsword - ARMOR on Abdomen stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Corsair Leader has been KO'd!

And down he goes. It was bound to happen. But it was not the pristess nor the Chosen, nor the Ranger that did him in, but Oliaf with a well placed hit to the chest that caved it in. The Corsair was dead before he knew it. Staggered once and then pitched over into the lake.

Oliaf staggers and sits down his hand going to the large gash across his massive chest and the damaged armor. "Well aint that a bugger.. " as he examines the damaged armor as he seems more concerned about that than the gaping bleeding wound of his.

The leader falls, the muffled splash is all that remained of him. Thomas staggers a bit, he looks to Oliaf and dips his head "Well done, sir. Well done." It is then that he turns to look at the others. So much blood on so many. "All of you, well done." Then his eyes light on Tylon and he moves slowely to her. The blood that now adorns her robe is first taken as other's but as he nears he grows concerned "Ty?" is all he says.

Breanna isn't going to complain about her arrow not taking the Leader down, he is down and that is what matters at the moment. A mutter escapes her and she shifts to lean back against the crate a few moments. "Damn place is nothing but bad luck." It must be for everything going on lately. With no one else seemingly attacking she grips her bow and is looking to see how far they have gotten with Merrick. She'll have to try and catch up, though in a few moments as she peers towards Oliaf comment on his armor of all things.

With the four of them upon the leader, the last of the Corsairs to be standing, Tylon takes what opening she can get and it seems to be a whack against the helm worn, stopping any true damage. But surely it helps to ditract him and aid the others, the true soliders get their hits in. And it is Oliaf who does it once more, bringing down another of the Corsairs…finally. As the Corsair staggers off and plunges into the lake to his certain death and fish food future, Tylon slumps a bit. Able to 'relax' and not worry about getting whacked again, certainly not in the chest.

A small breathe is drawn and eyes flicker towards the strom that yet hangs over the lake before the mess about. "We need to get the others back to the informary for tending." A hand already motioning to beckon a few to help assist those who need it. But ther eis Thomas' voice and she looks back to him, giving him a weak smile. No doubt she is quite the sight with her blood soaked robes, the bandages the stick out from her chest wounds, the wound that yet leaks on her neck. "I'll be fine, Thomas. Just a few scratches."

Laketown - Temple Infirmary
The infirmary is a large open room with beds lining the walls. Between the beds rest small tables that range from being empty as the bed next to it to being covered with bandages, basins and countless jars of salves, and perhaps the stray memento or three for the patient it is near. Several of the beds have privacy screens that are set up around them, and other screens can be seen rest towards the back of the room with the many row of cupboards that most likely hold countless bandages and herbs, salves and teas for the healers and apothecaries that work there. Additional cupboards have been placed between every third bed or so as well.

With serving not only those of the Temple but those of Laketown and any who have been brought requesting aid, there is near always some soul being looked after or tended to within the infirmary by one of the Priests, Priestess or Acolytes of the Temple. There is but a single door that leads to and from the room, though it is wide enough for several to pass through at once, especially for those who may be carrying injured upon stretchers.

Fri Aug 30, 1329

Breanna follows after many of the others to the Temple, a place she didn't plan on seeing so soon though here she is. She was met by a silver she-wolf that clung to the outskrits of the docks watching and waiting to move towards the Ranger. Once in the Temple she was pointed owards a cot, and it was the one she was last in at that! So she is sitting there eyeing everyone as they work, her eyes half closed with a tired sigh escaping her in the process. As for the wolf she settles down near her alpha's side and will keep put there unless told to leave.

The bloodied and battered group does get back to the Temple and straight away into the infirmary. The healers ana colytes of the Temple stepping quickly to see armor striped away and proper bandages replacing the battle ones that had been put into place. And in some cases, there is that need to strich up some of the gaping wounds, and there are salves to be put in place, ointments to slather along before fresh bandaging to done.

Merrick of course warrents a far bit of time and attention, someone left to watch him with the severity of his wounds. Of them all, Tylon is the last to collapse into a cot herself. Healers make the worst patients and she quite proves it, and as not only one of their better healers and the Temple Priestess there is little they can do to 'force' her to rest proper, especially with Thomas passed out earily one after being tended to.

Oliaf is escorted in to the infirmary and gets help removeing the leather armor from his body to reviel the massively deep cut (moderate) to his chest. For now he's been goind on pure adreniline as the bloods coated his chest and belly and soaked the back of teh damaged armor. as he's laid down on the cot. "

Indeed, Merrick is … on the edge of life and death as it were. The entire time that he was stripped of armor, there was a stillness in him that suggested at any moment he could slip from this life into the next, into the awaiting arms of the guardian or to be reborn again, as it were. Either way, as soon as the healers managed to get the armor off, peeling it, cutting it, slicing it away - whatever it took to remove it, underneath was not pretty. The broadsword has very nearly disemboweled the Brother and dark blood, deep soaking crimson runs off in streams that require more pressure and more salves to stem the fluid so that cleaning and stitching could be done. He's very pale though and some, perhaps a Priest, comes by to give him his last rights… thinking he may not make it through the night.

Breanna isn't about to argue with any help she might get, and allows it, arrows in her does not make for happy Ranger after all. She'll wait her turn and not worry about herself, save for letting her gaze settle about where Merrick is to be found. She is worried about him that is for certain. Once given the 'ok' as it were and told not to move, she of course moves. Chair found she'll be camping out there near where Merrick is it seems, seems there both all bandaged up with no place to go. Her arms folded loosely in front of her which is a bad move seeing how her shoulder wound bleeds and she just lets it while her gaze settles on Merrick. As for the Priest that comes to give Merrick his last rights he is basically glared at. "He won't die." Is grumbled out faintly from the Ranger.

Oliaf looks over to Merrick and snags a sponge from one of the acyolytes, " go help him.. " his tone soft as he tries to be quiet.He looks at the one tending his wounds and winces a bit as the salve stings at first and nearly blanchs as he's told they'll have to shave the area. He has a resounded look on his face to having a bald patch on his chest but isn't about to say anything as he drops the sponge into the bucket of bloody water and closes his eyes as they get to work.

As the Chosen serve and protect those of the Covenant, so do they in turn take care of and tend to the Chosen in their time of need. The Priest seems to pay little mind to the glaring of Breanna, for it is of body and soul that are tended after. They serve the Guardians and should the Guardians choose to call Merrick for his next tasking of a different kind, the proper rites are seen to. And others yet pray for him, the others. Though more importantly are the helaers that work tireleslsly upon him to stables and stich flesh back together. Pale as he might be, blood no longer poors from him, even if some wounds yet seep a little. Rest is what is most important now, time will be the true telling factor as he is given into Their hands.

Breanna isn't one of the temple, the moment she starts to try and believe in it and things like this happen. Her gaze lingers on Merrick quietly and she soon looks away, letting her gaze drift over the ones around getting help. The she-wolf that followed at her side into the temple is slowly moving over to the Ranger, nosing at her leg and soon letting her head settle upon the woman's lap. There are a few moments that pass before Breanna lets her hand settle against the wolves head. "Come." Is murmured softly to the animal before she is up and moving, heading for the door as if on a mission of her own to search for something. A glance is sent back to Merrick and she hopes that she has time to find what she will be looking for, after that glance back she is gone heading out of the temple and towards the forest. Any that could possible try to stop her will be ignored that's for certain.

Oliaf lays still as the priest and priestess working on him shave his chest around the wound before they can apply salve and stitching and bandages. Oliaf for his part seems to be focusing on something other than the deforestation of his chest.

<OOC : If anyone has additional poses for anything that continued on, please feel free to add them>

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License